Purpose: To edify the body, by encouraging and equipping parents to disciple their families, and facilitating the student ministries (birth through high school) of First Baptist Church Oloh.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Will serve as an elder among the elder council at FBC Oloh.
2. Oversee all areas of Family Ministries, with specific responsibility for facilitating the Student Ministries of FBC Oloh. Ministries include exercising oversight within the children’s ministry, and being actively involved within the Youth Ministry (6th-12th).
3. Assist parents in equipping students to develop a meaningful and growing relationship with Christ, as parents are the primary disciple-makers of their children.
4. Assist parents in teaching students how to think biblically, applying growing biblical knowledge within all areas of their lives.
5. Proactively connect with students and parents in mentoring and disciple-making relationships intended to motivate students to love God more deeply and become spiritual leaders in their spheres of influence.
Education and Experience:
1. College/Seminary education preferred, but not required. If lacking a seminary degree, must at least be open to further theological education.
2. Must have prior experience within student/family ministry.
3. Education and experience will be factored heavily within the selection for this position.
Interested candidates should send a resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to 36 Oloh Church Road, Sumrall, MS 39482.