Cumberland Baptist Church is a church family with an active, living, and growing faith in Christ Jesus. Our church is across the street from East Webster High School. We have an established youth program, and we are praying for a gifted individual/individuals with a love for Jesus who is anxious to join us by taking the lead in shepherding our students to Christ and Leading worship.
Responsibilities related to YOUTH:
– Lead and coordinate various youth activities for grades 6 through 12. These include Sunday School, Wednesday evening,
programs, mission trips, camps, retreats, and special events.
– Able to teach compelling Bible lessons that encourage teens to desire a deeper spiritual life.
– Builds a close relationship with the adult leaders that assist in the youth group ministry.
– Organize and oversee fundraisers for youth retreats, camps, and mission trips.
– Work in partnership with schools in the area.
Responsibilities related to MUSIC:
1. Works with the Pastor to plan the corporate worship of the church.
2. Leads congregation in a Blended style of worship incorporating Hymns and Contemporary music.
3. Helps to develop and coordinate praise teams that lead the congregation in singing.
4. Supervises the work of music leaders, including children’s or youth choir.
5. Coordinate use of instrumental and vocal groups and soloists in worship.
We are open to this being to separate positions. Student Minister/Worship Minister