Age Level Organizations
Organizations within WMU
Several different ministry organizations are ongoing for different ages. Click on the drop-down for each listing below.
- Acteens is a mission organization for girls in grades 7-12 or ages 12-17. Through Acteens, teenage girls are challenged to grow in their understanding of God, themselves, and others.
- LITs are Leaders in Training for Garaywa Summer Camp. These are 16-18 year old girls that choose to spend a week serving with staff, helping with behind the scenes things such as trading post, zipline, cabin cleanup, etc. LITs partner with cabin leaders to lead the campers in their daily activities, while learning leadership skills that will benefit their lives.
- For questions: call 601-924-7034 or email Jordan East; email@example.com
Adults on Mission for ages 18 and older provides a simple model of ongoing and short-term gatherings and coed missions teams to plan for, learn more about, and get involved in missions.
Children in Action is a coed missions organization that offers girls and boys in grades 1-6 an opportunity to experience the excitement and rewards of being involved in missions. Children learn how to actively engage in ministering to others. They will hear new stories every week about how God is working around the world.
Girls in Action is a mission education organization for girls in grades 1-6. GA provides a pathway to the world through learning about missions, praying for and giving to missions, and actually doing missions themselves. GA is a fun way for girls to grow missionally. They can also participate in an optional learning plan called GA Journey and be recognized with award items for their achievements.
Mission Friends presents fun activities to help lead preschoolers into an awareness of missions.
The organization, myMISSION, provides a way for young women to network with others who want to pursue a missions lifestyle. It is a cross between a small group, a Bible study, and a missions organization. In myMISSION, young women can grow in biblical knowledge, engage in the building of community, and serve their world.
Royal Ambassadors/Challengers Missions Education
Men’s Ministries provides consultations on beginning or strengthening the RA and/or Challengers programs in the local church. Royal Ambassadors is a missions discipleship group for boys in grades 1–6; Challengers is a missions discipleship group for boys in grades 7–12.
For more information, click the links below:
- Women On Mission National Webpage
- Women on Mission provides women ages 18 an older an opportunity for ongoing missions education and involvement through a group that focuses on Bible Study, prayer, ministry and/or general missions. Group gathering plans include hands-on ministry and witnessing activity ideas.
- The primary purpose of Women on Mission is to:
- Reassure women that their ability to minister and witness comes from God’s empowering Spirit
- Encourage women to nurture one another and serve as spirit-filled missions mentors
- Encourage women to help each other develop loving, caring, and sharing characteristics as part of a missions lifestyle.
- Youth on Mission Information
Youth on Mission is a co-ed youth organization that allows youth to experience missions in a hands-on and meaningful way. Youth on Mission challenges youth to impact their church, community and world for Christ. YOM can be designed to fit your youth group. It is flexible enough to meet any ministry need. YOM can be included in existing youth meetings. It could be used as a missions-based Bible study or can be included as a “Missions Moment” in Sunday School.